Friday, August 20, 2010

How should I interpret my boyfriends behavior towards other women?

My boyfriend is very fun loving out going person. This tends to stir up some jealousy when he is (I think) too outgoing or overly engaged in a conversation with another woman. Also, if an attractive or sometimes not even very attractive woman walks by or is in our presence he will blatantly stare her down or try to make eye contact. Also, I've noticed that he never introduces me as his girlfriend. He gets off the hook by just saying my name. ';This is Paula'; for example, and the girl usually stairs at me like ';Ooookay, some random chick named Paula鈥?quot; Other than these issues, he and I are best friends! We have a wonderful close-knit relationship and I sincerely do trust him not to cheat on me, but these issues cause me to feel very insecure about myself and what he might be doing when I'm not around. Especially since I am now pregnant with his child and starting to lose my figure. I have expressed to him my feelings and sometimes hurt when he does this. His response is that he is a nice out going person and treats both men and woman the same. I've never seen him stare a man down that way or try to be witty in just the presence of a man but ok! I also, think there is an obvious difference between a casual conversation between two people and flirting. Body language, intense eye contact, leaning in towards one another etc... I think if he were to walk into a room and spot me talking to another man like this giggling away, then introduce him just by his name minus the status, he would be upset or hurt and understand what this feels like.





Side point: Not to toot my own horn but I am a lovely attractive young lady, 24 years old and extremely loving and loyal to him. I'm very attracted to him but he is getting up in age (42 years old) losing some hair which doesn't bother me at all but I would think he would realize how lucky he is to have me in his life. (So toot!) He is a very attractive older man but the young girls that he stares at are not exactly staring back if you get my drift. What to do???How should I interpret my boyfriends behavior towards other women?
Talk to him about it and work it out. If it bothers you, let him know!How should I interpret my boyfriends behavior towards other women?
Get rid of him. Hes only interested in young women and you are just one of the young women. He is a pathetic old man who doesnt want to be the age that he is. Try flirting with young men in front of him if you like, but personally I would ditch the loser.
I don't know that I'd be so dismissive of his ability to attract younger women. He managed to reel you in somehow, didn't he?





That said, if you honestly don't think the flirting's going to go anywhere, then maybe you're best off just plastering a huge smile on your face when he introduces you and saying ';Hi, I'm X's girlfriend. Nice to meet you.'; Or heck, go ahead and see how he reacts if you try it. Maybe he'll recognize how it feels, or maybe he truly won't care.
if a guy introduce you by name and not title your just a play thing to him . he is being very disrespectful and YOU need to speak up when he introduce you by name he knows your insecure at times and won't step up to him . your having his kid stop with the shy b.s. don't let him introduce you by name and you need to embarrass his butt so he stops doing it. don't ask him to stop you stop the b.s for him
Look, I really hate to say this but I dated someone your age and I'm your bf's age. We had nothing to say to each other after awhile and I was bored with someone that young. He could never give me what I wanted in a relationship because of that.


I don't think your guy is serious about you, pregnant or not. Maybe you are very pretty but he wants a more in-depth conversation with someone. I'm not saying you are dumb but looks are not everything. I'm saying your life experience and his (because of age) do not match up. That's why relationships with age differences that much don't usually work out. It has nothing to do with sex or how pretty someone else is. It's just nicer to have someone who you can relate to.


People my age and your bf's age tend to talk to people a lot because we have enough confidence in life that we don't usually worry what the bf or gf think. He may not care how much you talk to anyone else or how you introduce him. He may introduce you as ';Paula'; because he doesn't think of you as his girlfriend in ';that way.'; You said you talked about it and it sounds like he blew off your feelings. That's a shame. Good luck. I hope once the baby is here he turns around.

No comments:

Post a Comment