Monday, August 16, 2010

Found out dad has been cheating and wedding a month away...help?

My mom recently discovered that my dad has been cheating on her for at least a year and a half to two years. She had no one else to talk to so she told me. She begged me not to say anything to anyone until she reveals it after I get married. So they are keeping up appearances even though they are fighting all the time now.





Another messed up part to go with this is I'm getting married in June. My dad doesn't know that I know and I just want to tell him how hurt and disappointed I am with him. I'm so hurt, angry, sad, heartbroken. Any advice on how to deal?Found out dad has been cheating and wedding a month away...help?
This will most likely be the hardest thing you will Have TO DO AND DO IT FOR YOUR MOM .


You will have to play like you know nothing and not let your dad know you know. Try to change subject when they are fighting or try to keep apart so there may be some peace before your big day.


Theres no reason for you to feel all this you didn't cause this to happen and you got to get control of your feelings for your mom she will need all the support now so toss yours aside and help your mom you can deal with yours later and your dad.Found out dad has been cheating and wedding a month away...help?
I cant beleave that your mom had no-one else to talk to. She was wrong to tell you. Encourage her to talk to someone (I bet she has already)


This isnt fair to you. You are not going to enjoy your big day with this secret hanging over you its going to come out anyway putting it off isnt going to help
No offense but your mom was being an idiot for making you hold off the secret until your wedding. That just crushes the icing on the cake. Talk to your dad. I wouldn't invite him to my wedding if he cheated on my mom. That isn't right!
Don't take sides and don't get into this. This is between the two of them. And don't let either of them get you to take sides.


Don't discuss it with them either. This is not about you and tell them so.


I know its hurts and makes you angry and sad but it is between them. I can't express this enough.If you need to talk to someone don't let it be one of them.


If he doesn't know already he will soon know the damage he's done. Let him come to you and be ready to either say thank you for apologizing or whatever but don't blame anyone.


If he admits that he has hurt you in all this you can say yes you have but don't get into blaming.


It is a mess, you are about to be married and one day you will know more about the relationship between a man and a woman and you'll be glad you kept quiet.


This way you won't lose either parent.


I hope this helps, and I'm sorry for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment